Philipino Studies Minor will be going LIVE FALL 2020!
The Pilipino Studies Minor requires a total of 9 courses:
LOWER DIVISION CORE COURSES
Students must complete two (2) lower-division courses from:
- Asian American Studies 10 or 10W: History of Asian Americans;
- Asian American Studies 20 or 20W: Contemporary Asian American Communities;
- Asian American Studies 30 or 30W: Asian American Literature and Culture;
- Asian American Studies 40 or 40W: Asian American Movement;
- Asian American Studies 50 or 50W: Asian American Women
AND one (1) additional lower-division course from:
- Filipino 1: Introductory Filipino
- Filipino 2: Introductory Filipino
- Filipino 3: Introductory Filipino
- Filipino 4: Intermediate Filipino
- Filipino 5: Intermediate Filipino
- Filipino 6: Intermediate Filipino
- History 9E: Introduction to Asian Civilizations: Southeast Asian Crossroads
UPPER DIVISION COURSES
Students must complete two (2) upper-division courses from:
- AAS 133, AAS M171D OR HIST M144C, AAS M176
Students must complete one (1) additional upper-division course from:
- ANTHRO 116S, 118, 164, HIST 176A, 176B, 176C
Students must complete three (3) upper-division elective courses from:
- Anthro 116S, 118, 164, AAS 133, AAS M171D OR HIST M144C, AAS M176, 177, FILIPNO 152, 155, GEOG 145, HIST 176A, 176B, 176C
- A minimum of 20 units applied toward the minor requirements must be in addition to units applied toward major requirements or another minor.
- Each course applied toward the minor must be taken for a letter grade (courses offered only on a P/NP grading basis are acceptable), each must be at least 4 units, and students must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Successful completion of the minor is indicated on the transcript and diploma.
TO DECLARE THE MINOR
- To enter the minor, students must have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better, have completed two lower-division Asian American Studies courses, and file an Undergraduate Program Change Petition with the Department Academic Advisor (send via MyUCLA Message Center or in-person, advising appointments preferred)
- Undergraduate Program Change Petition: ucla_undergraduate_program_change_petition.pdf