Funding & Scholarships
Institute of American Cultures Fellowships & Grants:
The Center for Scholarships & Scholar Enrichment (formerly Scholarship Resource Center) helps UCLA students identify and apply for scholarships. They offer workshops, individual counseling, and other resources.
Foundation 649 Scholarship
- Five recipients will be selected
- Each recipient will receive an award of $4,000 USD spread over 4 years
- The award must be renewed each year to receive successive funds (details to come)
- Application deadline is March 1, 2024
- 10 entrants will be selected as finalists for video call interviews by March 31, 2024
- Recipients are announced by April 15, 2024
- Be a degree-seeking, full-time student enrolling in a U.S. accredited university in Fall 2024 as a Freshman or transferring from a community college
- Identify as Asian American / Pacific Islander
- Have a track record of involvement and interest in AAPI communities, issues, or causes
- Have demonstrated financial need for the scholarship
- Be a US citizen, resident, or foreign national. Undocumented students are also welcome to apply.
The application consists of a questionnaire and a short essay (1000 word maximum). We want to hear your stories – we encourage creativity and originality (this should not be a rehash of your resume)! Alternate media will also be accepted in place of the essay if you choose (e.g. film, photography, etc.). If you are selected as a recipient, with your permission, we plan to share your submission with our audiences.
In addition, applicants should provide the FAFSA SAR (student aid report) that show their EFC (expected family contribution). If you are unable to provide this document, please provide substitute documentation and elaborate in the financial aid section.