Luskin Transdisciplinary Speaker Series
This school-wide series brings speakers from across the social sciences whose work on issues of public affairs cuts across disciplinary boundaries. Our hope is to foster an intellectually rigorous and publicly meaningful seminar program that will draw together faculty members from all departments, as well as interested students and engaged members of our larger public community.
I would like to thank the organizers of this series: Mark Kaplan, Amada Armenta, Kian Goh, Mark Peterson, and Laura Wray-Lake for securing these amazing speakers.
The current schedule for the Luskin Transdisciplinary Speaker Series is:
- November 19 – Marcus Anthony Hunter – Scott Waugh endowed Chair in the Division of Social Sciences, Associate Professor, Chair of African American Studies at UCLA – flyer attached
- February 13 – Philippe Bourgois – Professor of Anthropology and Director of the Center for Social Medicine, Semel Institute of Neuroscience/Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences at UCLA
- March 6 – Dorothy Roberts -Director, Penn Program on Race, Science and Society, George A. Weiss University Professor of Law and Sociology, Raymond Pace and Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander Professor of Civil Rights; Professor of Africana Studies at University of Pennsylvania
- April 3 – Hahrie Han – Anton Vonk Professor of Political Science at UC Santa Barbara
- April 11 – Shannon M. Monnat – Lerner Chair for Public Health Promotion, Associate Professor of Sociology, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University
- April 17 – Rob Reich – Professor of Political Science, Director of the McCoy Center for Ethics in Society, Co-director of the Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society at Stanford University