https://asianam.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/download.png 225 225 asianamworkstudy https://asianam.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/Uxd_Wht_AsianAmerStudies_A.png asianamworkstudy2021-05-27 19:33:272021-05-27 19:33:27Asian American Studies Research Colloquium Winners
Asian American Studies Research Colloquium Winners
- 1st place: Emily Hong Van Luong – “A sis bout to drown in these edges”: Asian American Appropriation of African American Vernacular English and Coalition-Building in Social Justice Movements
- 2nd place: Faith Ngo – Conceptions of Bicultural Identities and High School Experience Among Second Generation Vietnamese Americans
- 3rd place: Michelle Wei – The Conundrum of Identity: First Generation Taiwanese American Identity Formation
- 1st place: Markus Faye Portacio – Kultura through Komiks: Philippine Mythology Depicted in Filipino Comic Books
- 2nd place: Ji Yoon Kim – “Why are you at a community college?”: Examining The Intersection of the Model Minority Myth and Community College Stigma among First and Multi-generation Asian American Community College Students
- 3rd place: Janie Chen – Know History, Know Self: Coming Home for Formerly Incarcerated Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- 1st place: Jason Tuan Vu – Crossing Empire: Theorizing Settler Carcerality via Southeast Asian Deportation
- 2nd place: Christian Okubo – Resurrection After Incarceration: The Japanese American Community of Denver, Colorado
- 3rd place: Thuy Trang Sabrina Pham – Cultivating Stories: Examining Vietnamese Refugee Knowledge & Personhood
- 1st place: Grant Cho – Issues of Access to Healthcare for Korean Patients in Los Angeles
- 2nd place: Joanne Seung – Socio-cultural contributions to differential RNA gene expression in Korean American young adults
- 3rd place: Annalyn Diaz – Sword and Shield–Ethnic Studies and Culturally-Relevant Pedagogy as Tools for Student Empowerment and Liberation
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!