Evyn Le Espiritu Gandhi

Memoirs Pasifika’s Podcast Episode by Professor Evyn Lê Espiritu Gandhi

“Please allow me to share a podcast episode I have been working on that was just released today, on Operation New Life and the role Guam played in processing Vietnamese refugees after the Fall of Saigon.”

“On this day 46 years ago, my mom and grandmother left Vietnam as refugees and were processed on Guam.  This podcast episode discusses their experiences; the contributions of local Chamorros in welcoming the Vietnamese refugees; the motivations of 1,600+ Vietnamese repatriates who actually decided to return to communist-unified Vietnam; and the role that Vietnamese refugees and their descendants can play in the ongoing decolonization movement on Guam.”

“This podcast episode is based on my book manuscript research.  I’m very grateful for the opportunity to translate my academic writing into a format that is more accessible to a wider community!”

Professor Evyn Lê Espiritu Gandhi

To listen to this episode, please go to the Memoirs Pasifika website or you can listen to it on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music/Audible, etc.