Apply to be an AAMPLIFY Program Leader!
Are you interested in playing an essential role in shaping Asian American and Pacific Islander (AAPI) youth to be leaders for social justice? AAMPLIFY Program Leaders support the implementation and facilitation of AAMPLIFY’s summer program for underserved high school students. Centered on AAPI identity and empowerment, our summer program equips high school students with leadership and advocacy training, knowledge of AAPI history, and college counseling, so they can lead in their communities and fight against social injustice.
No prior experience in teaching or facilitation is required. All AAMPLIFY Program Leaders will complete a comprehensive training before the program begins and be supported by the entire team of AAMPLIFY volunteers and directors.
AAMPLIFY is an entirely volunteer-run effort. This is a volunteer position which offers you opportunities to strengthen your leadership skills and join a community of passionate individuals dedicated to AAPI community empowerment. Learn more about AAMPLIFY here.
What you’ll do:
- Lead interactive workshops for 10-15 high school student participants
- Assist with implementation and coordination of program activities
- Support the personal growth and learning of a diverse group of emerging young leaders
Who we’re looking for:
College students or recent grads with:
- Prior leadership experience
- Interest in mentorship and working with youth
- Knowledge or experience working with the AAPI community (preferred but not required)
The program runs from July 22 to August 2, 2019 in San Francisco. Applicants must be able to attend all program dates.
To apply, please submit your resume and 1 paragraph explaining why you want to be an AAMPLIFY Program Leader to email@example.com by May 30, 2019.
Questions? Email Michelle Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.