College Academic Counseling is hiring ASK Peer Counselors for the 2019-2020 academic year!
ASK Peer Counselors provide an extension of the College Academic Counseling services. ASK Peer Counselors exercise sound judgement, critical analysis, and cultural sensitivity when working with students to answer questions about academic requirements, deadlines, petitions, general education requirements, degree audit report clarification & interpretation, and more. They also: work collaboratively with other ASK Peer Counselors and CAC Counselors to facilitate workshops; staff annual events such as the College Academic Counseling Fall Open House, Bruin Family Weekend, and Bruin Day; and contribute and support the CAC social media initiatives.
Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be an undergraduate student in the UCLA College of Letters & Science;
- have completed at least 3 quarters at UCLA as of June 2019;
- must have a graduation date no earlier than June 2020; and
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 including Winter 2019 grades.
Prior counseling or related experience, familiarity with the UCLA campus, and a general knowledge of academic requirements and resources is desirable.
To apply, students must attend one of the following ASK Peer Counseling Hiring Information Sessions:
- Week 2 | Tues. 4/09 @ 2pm – 3pm @ A-316 Murphy Hall
- Week 2 | Wed. 4/10 @ 12pm – 1pm @ A-316 Murphy Hall
- Week 3 | Mon. 4/15 @ 10am – 11am @ A-316 Murphy Hall
- Week 3 | Tues. 4/16 @ 1pm – 2pm @ A-316 Murphy Hall
- Week 3 | Thurs. 4/18 @ 6pm – 7pm @ De Neve Sycamore Room
- Week 4 | Tues. 4/23 @ 3:30pm – 4:30pm @ A-316 Murphy Hall
- Week 4 | Wed. 4/24 @ 11am – 12pm @ A-316 Murphy Hall
Applications are due by 4pm on Friday, April 26, 2019 at the College Academic Counseling reception desk in A-316 Murphy Hall.
For more information please contact Erika Villanueva, ASK Peer Counseling Coordinator, at email@example.com, or visit the ASK Peer Counseling webpage at http://cac.ucla.edu/about-cac/ask-peer-counselors/.