The 2019 CAUSE Leadership Academy (CLA) application deadline has been extended to Thursday, February 28th, 2019. This has been done to ensure that we are building a strong class of diverse candidates.
As a valued supporter of the CAUSE organization, familiar with our mission of developing a strong pipeline of next generation civic leadership, we are seeking your support to help enrich the growth of our leadership pipeline by identifying and encouraging young rising leaders in your network to apply to the 2019 CAUSE Leadership Academy (CLA) program.
As you know, CLA is a nine-week paid summer internship program where students are placed in private, nonprofit and government sectors. Through exposure to decision-makers, policymakers, and the issues of the day, undergraduates gain a deeper awareness of the political issues facing the APA community in California.
The CLA internship program provides an invaluable hands-on experience working in a professional public, private, or nonprofit sector setting.
Benefits of the CLA program:
- Graduates of this program have become leaders in politics, business, and nonprofits.
- Interns leverage their CLA experience for future internships, fellowships, and job opportunities.
- A stipend of $2,000 will be provided upon satisfactory completion of the program and will serve as reimbursement for expenses accrued throughout the program’s duration.
- The CLA internship opens the door to several high-level networking opportunities.
- CLA Interns will have access to some of the state’s highest-level thought leaders and decision-makers.
If you know of any qualified candidates who would be interested in applying, please feel free to share the application that I have attached to this email or direct them to the CAUSE website to apply. Please note that the CLA application closes on Thursday, February 28th. You are more than welcome to reach out to us if you have any questions regarding the application.