The UCLA Graduate Division’s Office of Fellowships & Financial Services is accepting applications for UCLA Graduate Peer Mentors for Extramural Fellowships (GPMs) for Winter 2019 and Spring 2019.
The Graduate Peer Mentorship for Extramural Fellowships is a resource for current UCLA graduate students to develop and enhance their fluency and familiarity with extramural graduate fellowships and their value. With the guidance of graduate mentors along with expertise from UCLA’s Graduate Division, Graduate Writing Center, and Scholarship Resource Center, students have the opportunity to strengthen their applications and sharpen their grantsmanship. While serving as a valuable resource to the campus community, GPMs also benefit by developing their mentoring and communication skills.
Applications are due 4pm, January 30, 2019. The application details are attached.
Enrollment in any UCLA graduate degree program except the following:
- Self-supporting degree programs
- Medicine: MD
- Dentistry: DDS
- Law: JD, LLM
- Continuous registration/enrollment in a minimum of 12 units per term for the duration of appointment
- Maintenance of satisfactory academic progress in degree program
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- All incomplete grades must be resolved within one quarter of their first appearance on the student’s transcript.
- Enrolled at UCLA for seven years or fewer in combination of master’s and doctoral study
- Preference given to applicants who will not be employed elsewhere on campus while serving as a Peer Mentor
Student applicants should submit their complete dossier via a single PDF by 4pm, January 30, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org. The file name should be “Last name, first name_GPM.”
The application dossier will consist of the following documents as a single PDF in the order listed:
- The completed and signed application (p. 2 of the attached)
- A statement of experience with the extramural fellowship application process and interest in being a Graduate Peer Mentor for Extramural Fellowships (maximum three pages, double spaced, no less than 11 pt font and 1” margins)
- Unofficial UCLA graduate transcript (MyUCLA transcripts are okay; no Degree Progress Reports)
- A resume or curriculum vitae
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
- Chérie Francis, Ed.D., email@example.com
Fellowships & Financial Services
UCLA Graduate Division
1228 Murphy Hall / Campus Mailcode 144401
410 Charles E. Young Drive East
Los Angeles, CA 90095-1444
310-206-2557 / FAX 310-825-0017