|The Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF) program is a two year-long research scholarship program open to junior applicants* who are interested in completing a comprehensive research project, honors thesis, or capstone project under the guidance of a faculty mentor.
MMUF participants receive up to $15,000 in scholarships and funding during junior and senior year, and can receive an additional $10,000 in student loan reimbursement after the completion of a PhD program!
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Junior-level standing as of fall 2018 (*also open to senior-level applicants who are staying an additional year)
- 3.25 GPA or higher earned at UCLA (transfer students are eligible to apply without an established UCLA GPA)
- Faculty mentor in the humanities, arts, or social sciences
- Complete a departmental honors thesis, capstone project, or independent comprehensive research project
- Commitment to research and intention to enroll in a PhD program
- Enroll in Honors 101I: Research Today during winter 2019
- Enroll in Honors 101J: Mellon Mays Research Seminar each quarter
- Enroll in a SRP 99 or departmental 198/199 research contract course each quarter
- Conduct research during summer 2019 and 2020
- Present your findings at Undergraduate Research Week 2019 (optional) and 2020 (required)