UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program- Deadline: Wednesday, November 15, 2018 by 4pm
UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program
Application due: Wednesday, November 15, 2018 by 4pm
The UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program is a two-year research intensive program that prepares undergraduate students to apply to the best graduate programs in the country and excel in graduate school while pursuing a Ph.D.
During their two years in the program, McNair students enroll in a weekly McNair Research Seminar course and in the Student Research Program (SRP 99) where they develop an individual research project under the guidance and supervision of a UCLA Faculty Mentor. In the summer between their first and second year in the program, McNair Scholars participate in the UCLA McNair Summer Research Institute, which includes faculty-supervised research, graduate mentoring, and intensive workshops on graduate school admission. In their second year, McNair Scholars enroll in independent study courses with their respective UCLA Faculty Mentor, complete their individual research project and write a senior thesis. Students also apply to graduate school, present at an academic conference in their discipline, complete the McNair Research Seminar series, and submit their research for publication. For more information about the program, please visit www.aap.ucla.edu/programs/mcnair-research-scholars/.
To be eligible for the UCLA McNair Research Scholars Program, applicants must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a low-income and first generation college student; or
- Be a member of an underrepresented group within graduate education
Applicants must also:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be a currently enrolled UCLA undergraduate student majoring in the humanities, arts, social sciences, or an applied or interdisciplinary science field
- Be a third-year or a transfer student who has completed 90 to 175 units by Fall 2018
- Demonstrate academic potential for graduate study
- Be available June 25 – August 3, 2019 for the McNair Summer Research Institute
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!