News: Part-time Student Position - Global Survey of Best Practices in Water Conservation
Position description: Part‐time temporary graduate student position (3 to 4 months). To assist on project described above, you will research the topic of water conservation from a wide variety of sources, including peer‐reviewed literature or government and agency publications.
The efficacy of the water conservation measures (technology, policy, economic incentives, enforcement, education, etc.) will be assessed and the researcher will help determine the applicability of the measures for the LA County area.
Position requirements: Knowledge of issues surrounding wastewater and water treatment, energy
emissions and carbon footprints. Must be a graduate student in engineering,
environmental science, geography, environmental humanities, public policy, or equivalent. Familiarity
with Los Angeles and water management in the Southwest US a plus.
Hourly rate based on experience.
• Conduct broad literature review on the topic of water conservation. Research must include, for
example, peer‐reviewed journal articles, policy documents, reports / policies from cities or other
• Create summary tables and figures of the state of conservation and write up results.
• Determine the applicability of the conservation measure for the LA area. Identify changes in the
measure needed to make it successful in the LA region.
• Draft a white paper on global conservation best practices and make recommendations for LA area.
• Proven experience in research and writing.
• Experience writing and editing for technical and less technical audiences.
Please email a cover letter, resume or CV, and a writing sample to Dr. Mark Gold
Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Position is available to start immediately