Asian American Studies Minor
The Asian American Studies minor requires a total of 7 courses:
LOWER DIVISION CORE COURSES
Any two of the following lower division core courses:
- AAS 10/10W
- AAS 20
- AAS 30/30W
- AAS 40
- AAS 50
UPPER DIVISION COURSES
Students must complete five upper division courses, one from each of the categories listed below*:
- One AAS Creative Expression course, numbered from AAS 112C; 120; 121; 122B; 142A-C;
- One AAS Diversity course, numbered from AAS 115; M116; 120; 130A-C; 143B; M143C; M165; 167; M169; 174A; 175A;
- One AAS Engaged Scholarship course, numbered from AAS AAS 140SL; 141A-B; M143A; 195;
- One AAS Global/Transnational Perspectives course, numbered from AAS 122A; 123; 170; 171; M172C; 174B; 175B;
- One AAS Multidisciplinary Approaches course, numbered from AAS 103-M129; M172C;
- No more than 4 graded units of Asian American Studies 195, 197, and 199 may be applied toward the major.
- Asian American Studies 192 and 196 may not be applied toward the major.
- A minimum of 20 units applied toward the minor requirements must be in addition to units applied toward major requirements or another minor.
- Each course applied toward the major must be taken for a letter grade (courses offered only on a P/NP grading basis are acceptable), each must be at least 4 units, and students must have an overall GPA of 2.0 or better.
- Successful completion of the minor is indicated on the transcript and diploma.
Minor requirement worksheet for students entering Fall 2013 and after:
Please note that this worksheet is used as a course-planning tool only. This form is not to serve as the official completion document.