News: 2017 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad - Deadline: February 14, 2017
The US Department of Education has just announced the deadline for the 2017-18 Fulbright-Hays Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Fellowship Program (see attached email). The campus deadline is February 14, 2017. Applicants must apply through the Graduate Division; there is no at-large application process.
Institutions of higher education (IHEs) in the United States are eligible to apply for grants under this program. As part of the application process, students submit individual applications to the IHE. The IHE then submits all eligible individual student applications with its grant application to the U.S. Department of Education. A student is eligible to receive a DDRA fellowship from his or her IHE if he or she:
- Is a citizen, national, or permanent resident of the United States
- Is a graduate student in good standing at an IHE
- Is admitted to candidacy in a doctoral degree program in modern foreign languages or area studies at that institution when the fellowship period begins
- Is planning a teaching career in the United States upon completion of his or her doctoral program
- Possesses sufficient foreign language skills to carry out the dissertation research project